Upcoming Gear Report Reviews from Boy Scout Camp
Did you go to camp as a kid?… or an adult?
Jeff, the Chief Gear Head, has been at Cherokee Scout Reservation with R-Man’s Boy Scouts Troop.
Gear I tested at Boy Scout Camp and have reviews posted or in the queue, with Amazon links and quick summaries for each:
*will update the list below with review links as reviews are posted
First Tactical Tactix 1 day plus backpack http://amzn.to/29dkP9P – Worked well when I needed to carry my 17.3 inch laptop and rain gear.
- Baofeng UV-82 two-way radios http://amzn.to/29mbSee – Great radios that Chris programmed with the camp allocated channels prior to camp, but we only used FRS channels for our Troop leader communications.
- NSKI NA-771 Dual Band Soft Antenna (144/430Mhz) 15.6″ http://amzn.to/297VCYw – Extended our range so we could reach from one side of camp to the other.
- BioLite CampStove (review link) http://amzn.to/29aOtYG – Worked good, but has a learning curve.
- SpyderCo Native knife http://amzn.to/29dFnNJ – Continuing to abuse this knive and it just keeps right on cutting.
- LuminAID PackLite 16 http://amzn.to/29eTU9P – Super efficient light with built in solar panel that throws a soft light suitable for lighting a tent.
- Nightstick NSP-4610B Multi-Func NSP-4610B amp http://amzn.to/29djLmq – Love this light for the 2 spotlight modes, diffused white light mode, plus red and green modes. This has become my “go to” headlamp.
- SunJack 20W portable solar panel, AA battery charger, lightstick LED light and battery bank, 8000 mAh batteries http://amzn.to/29cITH2
- ATN Binox-HD (review link) http://amzn.to/29dCLQ6 – Great systyem that allowed me to stay “off the grid” the whole week with my my power-hungry Android phone.
- S4Gear Lockdown X binocular harness (review link) http://amzn.to/29cJloS – Fit great and held the ATN Binox-HD securely while walking or running.
- Outdoor Products hydration bladder (review link) http://amzn.to/29dl7ha – Held up all week with no leaks. Great bargain.
Sorry for the lack of activity while at Boy Scout camp. The internet was not available in our campsite, and was very slow… when it worked.