Just Right Carbines Multi-Caliber Pistol Carbine Rifle 9mm Review
The JR Carbine is an ambidextrous, straight blowback-operated, semi-automatic, pistol-caliber carbine. All of that sounds interesting, but the most interesting part is that it can be reconfigured by the end user to shoot a variety of four different pistol caliber cartridges.
The company was conceived in 2009 in Upstate New York with the goal of engineering a simpler, accurate, more reliable and flexible carbine using common pistol calibers. Since those humble beginnings, Just Right Carbines now has more than 25,000 weapons in the field a short five years later.
Bob took the Just Right Carbine out in 9mm configuration and put together this video review.
As Bob said, he liked the Just Right Carbine a LOT. It ran well on multiple budget ammo brands and put up respectable groups at 25 and 10 yards. Bob noted that his wife, who is smaller in stature, especially liked the Just Right Carbine. However, because of the timing of when the rifle arrived Bob was only able to test the JRC in the original 9mm configuration. So, when Bob finished his review the JR Carbine and the .40 S&W caliber conversion kit were sent to Chris for further testing. More on Chris’s caliber conversion experience below.
How Just Right Carbines describes the product
- Semi-automatic pistol-caliber carbine
- Simple, reliable, straight blowback operation
- Ambidextrous bolt – configurable for left or right-hand ejection
- Bolt/charging handle can also be moved to left or right side
- Converts to other pistol-calibers with simple conversion kit (available separately)
- Magazine included – Glock/Glock compatible or M&P depending on model
- Lightweight 17″ barrel (U.S.) or 19″ (Canada)
- Free-floating quadrail forend or takedown tube forend
- Picatinny rail machined into top of receiver
- Telescoping 6-position collapsible M-4 style buttstock or Fixed, depending on model
- Receiver, trigger housing and magazine well machined from aerospace grade 6061T-6
aluminum with black hardcoat anodizing for extra protection and durability
- Standard M-4 buffer tube, buttstock, and pistol grip
- Utilizes standard M-4/AR-15 furniture and trigger components
- Lightweight – approximately 6.5 lbs.
- Overall length: buttstock extended 33-1/2″, collapsed 30-1/4″
- Made in the USA, in New York State
Glock Magazine Quadrail Model
Calibers: 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP and .357SIG
Finishes: Black, Desert Camo, Muddy Girl, ReaperZ Green, A-TACS Foliage Green and Snow Ghost
Models: Standard, California, Restricted, SAFE Act
Chris’s review of the Just Right Carbine, including caliber change
Above you saw where Bob reviewed Just Right Carbine’s 9mm, Glock magazine, quad-rail carbine. The product was a success. Nimble, accurate, and just plain fun to shoot.
This time I am reviewing Just Right Carbine’s .40 S&W (Glock magazine) conversion kit (with California legal bullet button!).
Brand Just Right Carbine Model # Tested JRCCONV40 Finish/Stock Black anodized Barrel Length 17” Caliber .40 S&W MSRP $299
*Cannot ship to: Canada
The kit includes
Big thanks go to our Ammo Sponsor Defender Ammunition Company for supplying ammo for our tests and reviews on an ongoing basis. For this review we shot more than a few magazines of Defender’s 9mm and .40 S&W rounds.